- Regional Scout Plan 2016-2019
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Macedonia, The former Yugoslav Republic of
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
(Leusden, Scouting Nederland) – The best results in publicity for Scouting are achieved when Scouts tell their friends and peers what Scouting is about. We all know this and statistics seem to proof it.
Scouting Nederland, the National Scout Organisation of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) in the Netherlands, has now developed three specific “speech boxes” for members of its younger sections. The boxes (one for Cub Scouts aged 7-11, one for Scouts aged 11-15, and one for Sea Scouts) contain a series of factsheets, posters and other information, which may be quite useful to have at hand when preparing a public speech in the school. The box also contains gadgets and give-aways to present to friends and classmates, which can be personalised by adding the contact details of the local Scout Group!
Here is a list of items you will find in Scouting Nederland’s “Speech Box”:
- A poster with photos showing Scouts in typical activities. You can use it to decorate the classroom during your presentation, and then maybe even leave it on the wall permanently;
- Tips on how best to structure your speech or essay about Scouting;
- A link to a powerpoint presentation online which you can personalize with pictures and extra information;
- Posters and leaflets to distribute after your presentation (don’t forget to add the contact details of your local Scout Group);
- Copies of the current issue of Scouting Nederland’s “Scouting Magazine”;
- A booklet about “Discovering Scouting”;
- A reply-card (only in the box for Cub Scouts) with which you can earn a special “Scout Lecture” badge;
- Small gifts to distribute to your audience like a key holder, badge or prize puzzle.
So, what are you waiting for? Create your own “Speech Box” for your association and help your Scouts tell their friends everything about Scouting.
Rupert comes from Austria and is the Executive Assistant to the Regional Director. His responsibilities include internal and external communications and administrative assistance in Regional events.
European International Scout Camps – Summer 2018Based on information made available so far, the European Scout Region of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) has put together a (non-exhaustive) list of national jamborees organised during the summer of 2018 in Europe. Maybe one of these international camps is exactly what you were looking for?
15th European Guide and Scout ConferenceThe 15th European Guide and Scout Conference (15egsc) and the concurrently held 15th European Guide Conference (15egc) and 22nd European Scout Conference (22esc) took place from 17 to 21 June 2016, in Melsomvik, Norway.
#ScoutGuideSupport #RefugeesBetween September 2015 and May 2016, the European Scout Region of the World Organization of the Scout Movemente (WOSM) and the Europe Region WAGGGS regularly shared stories featuring Scouts and Guides involved in refugee and migrant support activities in their local communities.
Google TranslatePowered by Google Translate.
The Official World Scout ShopThe Official World Scout Shop offers an ever-growing range of high quality Scouting products. It is the only authorised supplier of World Scout items, and ALL profits go directly back to Scouting.
What did we write about?Africa Arab Region Austria Belgium Czech Republic Denmark Educational Methods Environment Europe European Scout Committee European Year of Volunteering 2011 event finland France Germany Growth Growth through Quality GSAT Jamboree Junak kandersteg Networking Organisational Development Partnerships Partnerships with other Regions peace Portugal PPÖ Regional Scout Plan Romania Rover Scouts Scouts Serbia Slovenia Spain Switzerland training Turkey Unguvu VCP Volunteering WOSM Youth Youth Empowerment Youth Programme