- Regional Scout Plan 2016-2019
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Macedonia, The former Yugoslav Republic of
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
Experience 1001 Arabian Wonders at the 17th International Youth Gathering for Cultural Exchange in Egypt!
By Rupert Schildböck On 22 May 2014 · Leave a Comment
(WOSM Europe) – Eight months have passed since the previous International Youth Gathering for Cultural Exchange in Oman last September (read Josmar’s story to find out more about that event) and those of you who were lucky enough to be part of that event will no doubt still recall plenty of memorable moments and cherish many friendships built across cultural and linguistic boundaries.
Following the growing success of similar events in the past, the Arab Region of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) is once again inviting Scouts (18 to 22 years old, male only) to an International Youth Gathering for Cultural Exchange. This time, it will take place in Egypt from 28 August to 6 September 2014 and a rich programme again awaits Rover Scouts from around the world.
“Spreading the culture of peace and mutual understanding between young people remains one of the principle goals of this event”, say Atif Abdul Mageed, Regional Director of the hosting Arab Scout Region, “but we also want to raise the level of awareness of participants in relation to the values and principles of humanity. Another goal is to help consolidate the bonds of friendship among the participants from the National Scout Organisations (NSO).”
This year, an interesting programme has been built which will contribute to achieving the goals of the event:
– A number of workshop sessions allowing cultural exchange, with Rovers from each participating NSO encouraged to showcase their country with an emphasis on civilization, culture, geography, local customs and traditions, as well as specific cultural values;
– A colourful International Evening during which the participating delegations will have the possibility to present their countries national art and costumes as well as sample of their typical food and Scout traditions;
– A series of excursions during which participants will explore the cultural and historic heritage of Egypt.
If this sounds interesting enough to you, the Arab Regional Scout Office is happy to receive your application form under the following conditions:
– The Arab Region will cover the participation fee and local costs for up to two male Rover Scouts (aged 18 to 22) from any given NSO;
– Participants must be active members of a recognised NSO;
– The application must be endorsed by the NSO (the signature of the application form by the NSO’s International Commissioner will be the proof);
– Participants should not have attended a previous similar gathering (the Arab Regional Scout Office will cross-check this).
You are not yet convinced to spend ten days under the Arab sun? Then perhaps you want to watch Matt’s stunning video report of last year’s Gathering or read Josmar’s story, in which he relates his 1001 experiences during the 16th IYGCE, which took place in Oman last autumn!
Rupert comes from Austria and is the Executive Assistant to the Regional Director. His responsibilities include internal and external communications and administrative assistance in Regional events.
Regional Scout Plan
European International Scout Camps – Summer 2018Based on information made available so far, the European Scout Region of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) has put together a (non-exhaustive) list of national jamborees organised during the summer of 2018 in Europe. Maybe one of these international camps is exactly what you were looking for?
15th European Guide and Scout ConferenceThe 15th European Guide and Scout Conference (15egsc) and the concurrently held 15th European Guide Conference (15egc) and 22nd European Scout Conference (22esc) took place from 17 to 21 June 2016, in Melsomvik, Norway.
#ScoutGuideSupport #RefugeesBetween September 2015 and May 2016, the European Scout Region of the World Organization of the Scout Movemente (WOSM) and the Europe Region WAGGGS regularly shared stories featuring Scouts and Guides involved in refugee and migrant support activities in their local communities.
Google TranslatePowered by Google Translate.
The Official World Scout ShopThe Official World Scout Shop offers an ever-growing range of high quality Scouting products. It is the only authorised supplier of World Scout items, and ALL profits go directly back to Scouting.
What did we write about?Africa Arab Region Austria Belgium Czech Republic Denmark Educational Methods Environment Europe European Scout Committee European Year of Volunteering 2011 event finland France Germany Growth Growth through Quality GSAT Jamboree Junak kandersteg Networking Organisational Development Partnerships Partnerships with other Regions peace Portugal PPÖ Regional Scout Plan Romania Rover Scouts Scouts Serbia Slovenia Spain Switzerland training Turkey Unguvu VCP Volunteering WOSM Youth Youth Empowerment Youth Programme